I wanna say something. I’m gonna put this out there: if you like it, you can take it. If you don’t, send it right back … 92% of recruiters use LinkedIn to find high-quality candidates.
It’s no real secret that hiring using LinkedIn is (and has been for quite some time) the method of choice for candidate sourcing and recruitment advertising for both agencies and businesses alike.
59% of recruiters rated candidates sourced from LinkedIn to be of the highest quality – making it an exceptional platform for launching your next career move.
However, before you start assuming…
You’d best check that you’re not part of the 50% of people who have an incomplete LinkedIn profile!
Even for those whose profile is “complete” – are you aware how old LinkedIn is? 16 years! – and you wouldn’t believe how much the platform has changed during that time.
So, when was your last LinkedIn profile update?
We think it’s important to stay current – so, we’ve put together a few suggestions to help you confidently say…
STEP 1. (the no-brainer)
- Add a profile photo (headshot only – professional pic)
- List 2 or more positions you’ve held, with descriptions of those roles
- Have 5 or more skills on your profile for people to endorse
- Write an engaging summary about yourself
- Add your education
- Have 50 or more connections
But even reaching the ‘All-Star’ status is still no guarantee of getting your profile to stand out and searchable on the desktops of would-be employers.
Step 2. Make your profile memorable for the right reasons!
- Use the summary section to include your contact details
- Keep your profile/network up to date by adding regular status updates
- Maximise your LinkedIn group membership connecting to relevant groups (remember, there’s a limit!)
- Blog directly on LinkedIn Pulse (it’s excellent for making your personal experience shine out and get recognised)
- Use digital media on your profile – images, slide decks and videos are more engaging to a viewer
- Network and add all new business connections on LinkedIn (Grow your sphere of influence)
- Get recommendations for every position you’ve worked with via colleagues and clients alike
- Use relevant keywords within your profile to enhance how you appear in searches
Good luck, and worse case scenario, if you’re thinking…
We’ll happily do the legwork when it comes to writing a LinkedIn profile for you that’s compelling and rich…
Check out some of our other LinkedIn tips!